Solved

error code 0000-1612 on Surfboard Central

• 19 October 2022
  • 3 replies

will this Surfboard Central app connection error ever get fixed? I just bought the G34 unit and have successfully activated plus ethernet-connected the unit (@900Mbps) and use 2 active wifi channel. 

The 192.168.0.1 web management pages are fine but the Surfboard Central app is still in Beta as far as my experience with this error 0000-1612.

This all appears not that critical BUT because of web’s Account Mgmt Warning:
To keep your account password in sync, it is recommended to update is using the
SURFboard App rather than changing it here.

This suggests one needs this Surfboard Central app to work properly to change passwords.

icon

Best answer by Priya 20 October 2022, 00:06

View original

3 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I would like to share the following steps, since it works for me with 0000-1612 wifi communication failure 

Option 1. The wifi network name and password should be in factory default 

To complete the app set up, the device needs to be factory default state. If your wifi network name and password has got customized earlier, you may need to procced with the factory reset which will delete the current configuration and restore the device settings to the factory default mode.

Factory reset: -
                     Disconnect the coaxial cable from the back of the device. At the back of the modem, you                      
                     will be able to see a tiny hole, inside that hole there is a button, and that is the reset button, please insert a    
                     paper clip or a toothpick, push and hold it for 35 seconds until all your lights go off, afterwards connect the coax                     
                     cable back and wait until your device fully boots up. Upon completion you can re-install the app and try to              
                     complete the set up. If this doesn't work, try the next option

Option 2. While proceeding the START INSTALLATION page on the app, please proceed with this option "Click here if you have previously installed the web-based UI portal"

If you have a customized password, you can type in and proceed further, if you do not have one, you can proceed with forgot password option so that you will receive a verification code and proceed with the steps that are provided by the app. you will be able to complete the app set up

once the app set up is completed, it will prompt you to customize your wifi network name and password and also, you will access the 192.168.0.1 page. The login credentials should be available in the app.  you can check the "Access Web Interface" Menu for the credentials.

Hope this works for you!

Thanks for your suggestions.

I will have to give Option1 a try as Option2 as been tried many times without success.

I would like to communicate to the G34 Arris Product Mgr that this product rollout is subpar as the Surfboard Central (android) app is wasting your customers’ time and patience. The purpose of the SBC app needs to be guiding a customer step-by-step to a successful installation and NOT letting a customer pick and chose settings that will result in lengthy uninstall/reinstall/reconfigurations on multiple devices. 

I also hope this will work for me as I once was a happy SB8200 customer.

I decided to NOT go through the whole reinstall process. My G34 is working and I do NOT need this SBC app to manage the device. Just trying to avoid any future troubles caused by SBC app updates.