Solved

Can't connect my HP Officejet 4630 with my G36

• 25 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Let me start with - I’m basically computer challenged, however I did manage to set up my G36 using the tools provided.  Now I’m trying to set up my ancient HP Officejet 4630 and have spent about 2 hours so far.  It will not connect.  I printed the troubleshooting page and it indicated that “MAC address filtering may be enabled on your wireless router, which can prevent your HP printer from connecting...during setup.”.  I went in to the Surfboard website and manually entered the MAC address (under custom) for the printer and clicked enable.  Still no luck.  I’m hesitant to try clicking or changing anything else until I get someone with knowledge that can walk me through it.  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 27 October 2022, 20:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Lynnewithne,

Connect a Printer to the Wi-Fi Network

Access the printer's built-in menu system to enter the Wi-Fi Cable Modem's Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and wireless security key (password) located on the bottom label.  If the Wi-Fi credentials have been customized, log in to the Web Manager to retrieve them.  Refer to the printer's manufacturer documentation for assistance with the menu system.  

Connect a Printer with the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) Button

Press the WPS button on the printer and then press the WPS button on the SURFboard Wi-Fi Cable Modem within two minutes.

NOTE: Some SURFboard Wi-Fi Cable Modems may not have a physical WPS button.  Log in to the Web Manager to use the Software-Base WPS button instead.

Connect a Printer with the Mobile App

Download the printer's manufacturer app on a mobile device and follow the screens to enter the Wi-Fi Cable Modem's Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and wireless security key (password) located on the bottom label.  If the Wi-Fi credentials have been customized, log in to the Web Manager to retrieve them.  Refer to the printer's manufacturer documentation for assistance with the printer manufactures mobile app and settings.  

NOTE: If the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) is not detected or the Wi-Fi connection fails, bring the printer closer, and or change the encryption type in the Wi-Fi Cable Modem. 

Hope this information helps you, let us know if this works.