Solved

SBG6900-AC Gateway Manager issues

• 25 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Ran into an issue yesterday when out of nowhere my Router dropped the wifi connection to all my devices.  I went to the step one solution and power cycled the router to see if that would bring back my networks and nothing.  

Turns out the router had dropped the custom wireless connections and replaced them with the default network names.  I can access both the 2.4Gz and 5Gz by using the default password on my modem.  My Mac on the other hand cannot connect to the default 2.4Gz, only the 5Gz.

Seems like a simple login to the Gateway Modem manager to upgrade the firmware could fix the issues, and let me create my own network names, and passwords again.  

But I cannot access the Gateway Manager.  Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and Explorer all block this attempt.  This is both when the router is connected to the coax cable, and when the coax is unplugged.  All of the browsers above give you the "This site cannot be reached" with no option to proceed to unsafe gateway, or anything of that sort.

Safari allows me to log in with default credentials, but the Arris gateway isn't represented in a way where anything on the screen makes sense.  lots of files that aren't supported and links that are dead.

I don't like using the default network and network keys for my home.  The router is now out of warranty.  

Am I supposed to throw away this router and buy new simply because the manufacturer cannot allow its customers to login into the Gateway Manager anymore?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 27 October 2022, 20:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Weiss311

I’d suggest to perform a Factory Reset without the coax and with the coax out attempt to access the Web Interface. Sometimes the Firmware version may interfere with this process, that’s why we suggest to do it that way and see if it works. 

I have tried both of those and no success.   Any other suggestions?

I feel your pain. I bypassed the no access issue myself just by using Samsung Browser on my Galaxy.

I understand the admin page run off the less secure Http than the more secure Https, so the big browsers will flag it and give you issues. I just dont know how to work around it except through Samsung browser.

Im considering just getting away from arris. Good Luck.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Weiss311

Maybe you could try adding the https to the address since that might be the issue with the browsers. 

Let us know if that helps!

Changing it to HTTPS does not work. Still received this message.