Solved

Arris DG3270A connected to generator

• 26 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I have Eastlink internet with an Arris DG3270A modem.  We recently had a hurricane knocking out our power for the next few days so I am running a generator but when I plug the modem into it I get connected with no internet.  I am assuming there is something before the modem that needs power as well.  But I can not find anything else in the house that it is connected to.  Can anyone confirm there is something else that may need power that I am just not seeing?  Thanks for any help.

icon

Best answer by plemans 26 September 2022, 15:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

If the area doesn’t have power, its doubtful the modem hub has power either. 

You can try logging into the cable connections page to see if its getting a connection to the hub. 

but again, if power is out in the area, the hubs still need power to run. They usually have some backup capacity for short blinks but longer power outages are going to be an issue. 

did you check with the ISP? 

Thanks for your response. I did try to contact my is but they are overwhelmed right now and I was on hold for a while.  I did find a box outside that is connected to my internet but don't see a way I can power it safely.   When I was with bell they had 2 boxes inside I could easily run not so much in this case.  Thanks again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

I wouldn’t mess with their boxes or hubs. Kind of expensive devices. You might be limited to running a hotspot until the ISP can get things going again.