Solved

My S33 needs to be rebooted or shuts down often

• 15 October 2022
  • 1 reply

My S33 needs to be rebooted or shuts down often. I continue to get this group of errors often. Something tells me it is Xfinity. I have 1gbps service but can recieve up to 1200 per xfinity, however i have never seen more than 650mbps. They tell me its my modem, but they will not allow me to connect to the 2.5GB port.

(edit: CM-MAC information removed)

DS profile assignment change. DS Chan ID: 32; Previous Profile: ; New Profile: 1 2 3.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:6f:da:4e;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:6f:da:4e;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:6f:da:4e;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

16 consecutive T3 timeouts while trying to range on upstream channel 3;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:6f:da:4e;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:6f:da:4e;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

And then repeats itself….

icon

Best answer by plemans 15 October 2022, 17:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Tends to indicate a line issue. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, loose connections, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.