Solved

S33 resets when using computer

• 17 August 2022
  • 2 replies

This is my second S33, the first one died after about 8 months of use.  I have my household running off this modem with a set of (3) Arris AX 11000 routers. It seems every time I sit down at the computer which is actually plugged into the router the S33 will reset. This will happen frequently but ONLY when the computer is on and connected to the router. Today it has reset twice. I can shut down the computer and go weeks, even months without a problem. Then turn on the computer and within an hour or so the S33 will reset. 

icon

Best answer by plemans 17 August 2022, 22:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

do any other wired devices cause issues with that router that resets? 

If not, I’d pickup a cheap usb/ethernet adapter and see if its an adapter on the computer causing issues. I’ve seen bad adapters cause issues. 

Understood. However, I find it odd this began when I received this modem as a warranty replacement. With the old Modem, No problems at all. This one, resets almost every day I start up the computer.  It seems Arris is another company who has decided they don't want to support their products. I have had difficulties finding a warranty support phone number.