Question

SB8200 and Cox IPv6

• 27 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

According to Cox Internet, I need to “enable” IPv6 on my modem using the Admin console.

Unfortunately, the “official” documentation they sent me (https://routerexperts.net/arris-router-enable-ipv6/) seems non-applicable to the situation.

The online /phone /chat support drones can’t seem to understand how to even spell IPv6, they just keep saying that _I_ have to configure it on my end.

Can anyone help with documentation links or other tips /tricks for figuring out what range and prefix is being advertised to my modem?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello EdV

All Arris modems are IPV6 compatible so if your Internet service provider sent IP to the modem IPV6 they can do that but, since SB8200 is just a cable modem  it doesn’t have any advanced configuration on it to setup manually, only your service provider can do that. In this case we would suggest you to check with your Internet service provider to activate modem through IPV6 as they suggested.

Userlevel 3
Badge +23

@EdV You need to make sure IPv6 is enabled on your device connecting to the SB8200.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

What router is connected to the SB8200?