Solved

Can't connect admin page on my SBG6700-AC

• 6 October 2022
  • 5 replies

SBG 6700-AC      Tried everything but no luck.  I think has something to do with my security settings on laptop.    

This site can’t provide a secure connection

192.168.0.1 uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Hide details

Unsupported protocol

The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 10 February 2023, 00:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello George

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Is this happening on other devices? if so, could you try disconnecting the coaxial cable from the SBG and try one more time? 

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.  But if I disconnect the cable won’t I lose internet  wifi and still won’t be able to access 192.168.0.1 site?

Also hard wired to router and trid rebooting and different disconects and connects and same error msg.  Only thing I can think is ISP (WOW)  is blocking me from accessing my own router.  Is that possible?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello George,

Yes, you would lose internet but the Web Interface does not require internet. Usually access to it could be interfered by the service provider (no necessarily their fault). And as a last resource, you could do a Factory Reset without the coax to avoid the unit downloading the firmware again. 

Please let us know if this worked. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello @George,

Thank you and other members for reporting this behavior.   A workaround to get pass the browser message is posted here 192.168.0.1 uses an unsupported protocol.