Solved

USB

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I can see this device has an USB port, what is the functionality of it?

icon

Best answer by Siuu1994 1 June 2022, 01:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4

The USB port located on the SBG7400AC2, have the functionality for Media Sharing, in the other hand The USB port does NOT support Internet connection

This article describes the functionality and how to use the USB port on your gateway

https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG7600AC2-USB-Media-Sharing/?l=en_US&fs=RelatedArticle

Siuu1994

once logged into my arris TG 1682 modem, i don’t see a USB tab in set up.  Im trying to connect a usb storage drive. any ideas?

yohenko, I have a similar problem.  I have posted here before about my SBG7400AC2 not being able to “see” anything attached to the USB port.  Don’t know where my posting and non-helpful responses went.  When I follow the instructions posted above nothing shows up under the Available Share Folders setting.  I’ve tried thumb drives, external USB drives with and without an external power supply and get zip.  At first I assumed it was because my ISP (Cox) does not support that feature on their rented gateways, but they have told me that doesn’t apply to my purchased gateway and to go ask the vendor -- Arris/Surfboard.  So here I am, again, some more…  Anybody have a clue what it might be?