Solved

Why is the Reserved IP Client List not updating on the SBG7400AC2?

• 12 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

So I have a SBG7400AC2, and have added a number of devices to the Reserve client list..

So why is the Reserved IP Client List not updating on the new devices, even after days,

yet if the device is turned on it does get the assigned IP.

So it seems that both Attached Client List and the Reserved IP Client List are not showing correctly

as i have some 60+ devices and I see onlu 25 at best

Any Ideas, seems the software is upto daye a do not se any updates for it

Any help would be appreciated

M

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 17 November 2022, 19:56

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello mjohnson007

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

I usually suggest to reinstall the software from scratch and by that I mean doing a Factory Reset. There’s two ways of doing it:

Factory Reset With the Reset Button
Before performing factory reset, remove the SBG7400AC2 gateway from the SURFboard Central app if the app was used for setup.  For detail steps, refer to article # 18757 - SURFboard Central: Add/Remove Device.  The factory reset will disassociate the gateway from the SURFboard Central app and erase all settings.  It is recommended to use the SURFboard Central App to configure the SBG7400AC2 home network quickly and easily.  For assistance with setup, refer to article # 18840 - SURFboard Central: Wi-Fi Cable Modem Setup.

1. Carefully insert the tip of a pen or the end of an unwound paperclip into the reset button.

2. Press and hold down the Reset button for 10 seconds and then release it.  

User-added image

Factory Reset in the Web Manager

1. Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari.  Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key.  The Login page will appear.

NOTE: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager. There is no risk in proceeding to the Web Manager. For instructions to by-pass the alert screen, refer to article # 18181 - Alert Message for Web Manager Access.

2. On the Login page, enter admin in the User Name field.

3. Enter password or a customized password in the Password field.

NOTE: When using the default password to login, it may be required to set a unique password to proceed to the Web Manager.  For assistance with Web Manager Access, refer to article # 18345 – SBG7400AC2: Web Manager Access.

4. Click the Apply button.  The System Basic Setup page will appear.

User-added image

5. On the System Basic Setup page, click the Utilities link on the top menu.  The System Information page will appear.

User-added image

6. On the System Information page, click the Factory Defaults link on the left-hand menu.  The Factory Defaults page will appear.

User-added image

7. On the Factory Defaults page, click the Factory Defaults button. The system pop-up window will appear. 

User-added image

8. Click the OK button on the system pop-up window.  The Factory Default page will refresh. 

User-added image

Let us know if this helped