Solved

G34 dropping internet

• 2 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Just got a G34. Two problems. The first and worst is the dropping internet after a few hours. This happens on both 2.4 g and 5G networks. Once I reboot I have internet connection again but once again it will drop after a few hours. I have followed the instructions and checked the cable power ratings and they are all within the appropriate range. Problem number two: I initially attempted to change the Wi-Fi network and passwords to my own but once I did I could not connect to either 5G or 2.4 g networks even when using confirmed correct passwords. Once I did factory reset I could connect to the networks again.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 4 March 2024, 07:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

First to connect to the modem WIFI network you can try to perform proper hard reset on the modem to do that you need to disconnect the coax cable from the modem and the power cable on the modem should be connect then press and hold the reset button for 15- 30secs. After the modem reboots completely you can connect to the modem default WIFI network using the credentials mentioned on your modem label. Then you can change the WIFI credentials by logging into the modem interface or GUI.

Since your facing intermittent connection on WIFI we would suggest you to try changing WIFI channels will avoid interference and that will give better speed and connection.

If other Wi-Fi sources such as neighboring wireless access points are using the same wireless channel, this may cause intermittent connectivity issues, even if the competing signal is relatively weak. Changing the wireless channel within the  gateway can improve connectivity.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel

After changing WIFI channel as recommended on the link restart the modem then we would request you to monitor the connection for next 24hrs.