Question

No internet connection on arris surfboard G34

• 14 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I recently got the arris surfboard G34 WiFi cable modem. I have xfinity as my internet provider. I hooked everything up and was connected to internet and WiFi but was getting a very weak connection (about 8 mbps). So I unplugged and restarted the modem. Now it’s showing it is getting about 115 mbps but won’t connect or give WiFi. The modem just keeps blinking blue and green. Won’t go solid and connect like before. I did a reset as well and still won’t connect. I did a troubleshoot with xfinity but they want to send someone out because it’s not working but because it isn’t their device, if the arris device is faulty I will be charged. I’m not sure what to do to troubleshoot on my end or if my new modem is faulty. But it connected before so I’m unsure.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Do you have any devices connected to modem directly (LAN port) or to Wi-Fi?

Could you please let us know on which device you performed speed test, is that connected to the modem directly?

By logging in to your modem GUI or Interface to confirm the WAN IP of your modem.

Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari.  Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key.  The https:// Redirect page will appear.  

The Username field has admin populated, enter the custom password in the Password field.

Click the Login button

Gateway > Connection > WAN> check for WAN IPV4

Arris and xfinity are useless around this. Fortunately, the G34 may be under warranty but they will resend a new router out within seven days. I have similar issues and they will not expedite shipping. Horrific business practice for a faulty router 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Arris does have expedite service, but due to inventory (out of stock) unable to process Advance replacement temporarily. I apologize for the inconvenience.