Solved

Unable to get printer online G34

• 4 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Trying to get my printer online with the G34 model.  I input all the information, it is wireless, and input the ID number..  It always produces an error notice.  I printed the error report and it says the MAC address filtering may be enabled on the router which can prevent printer from connecting to the router.  How do I cange the MAC address of the printer to the list permitted devices for the router?

Current configuration of the MAC address  is [edit: removed personal information]     How do I enter that into my printer?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 6 November 2023, 23:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case you can get connected to the printer by configuring the WIFI settings on the modem interface, so please juts follow the steps mentioned on the below article to change the security mode so that your printer will get connected to your home network after this setup. MAC filtering option will not affect the connection of your printer because the MAC filtering option can be done only for the devices that have already connected to home network.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Unable-to-Connect-to-the-Wi-Fi-Network

I aM online with my new Arris Surfboard Wi-Fi Cable Modem using the Default WiFi Settings /name and pw that is on the Arris document.

I am trying to change the router name and pw to match the old xfinity provided wifi.

That way my guest’s, tablets as well as my Ring camera devices, Nest thermostat, Printer etc will each automatically log into the new new WiFi Router.

Please call if someone can talk me through the name change, I have loaded your SURFboard.com App., onto my Iphone but have had no luck using that port to make the needed name & pw changes.

Regards,

Nancy Richardson.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you are preferring to change the wifi name and password on G34, I suggest you to follow the instruction given on the below link:

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password