Solved

No Lights On Front Panel-G36

• 11 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

This morning my wireless connections were working but I had no ethernet hardwire connections.  When I checked the router, none of the Front Panels lights were illuminated.  I logged into my router and checked Gateway>Hardware>Front Panel and Lighting Mode was set at Normal.  No firmware updates were reported to be installed.  I contacted my ISP to check my connection which was at full speed.  I proceeded with a Gateway Restart which re-established my ethernet Hardwire connection, then performed a Factory Reset and Unplugged the Router for 1 minute.  None of these procedures restored the Front Panel Lights to illuminate. Is there a new Firmware Update that I can download and install?  I currently don’t have the link to Arris Firmware Updates and need that link to see if this will solve my issue.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 13 February 2024, 17:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

On G36 the front panel light is completely OFF but still you can access internet on WIFI connection? More information will help us in guiding you with better trouble shooting.  

The Cable Operators (MSOs) have complete control of what cable modem/gateway hardware they will allow installed and the firmware it uses, this is because they own the coaxial cable that is connected to the ARRIS (G36), because of that the Firmware updates are pushed by them, and any update needed as well. Any associated firmware updates are automatically deployed by the cable operator. This is not an ARRIS only implementation, but the required implementation of any cable device manufacturer. Even for the device owned by the customer the firmware updated will be done only by the service provider since they are sending signals to the modem.