Question

No internet on SBG6700-AC

• 2 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello. I have two printers that keep going offline. I can un & replug them and they are fine except for one that I have to do it a couple of times.  The printer manufacturer said I need to “split the frequencies” (see below for the rest) but told me that Arris is not capable of that.  Is that true?  I am not working so I can’t buy a newer modem nor rent it from my Internet provider.  My Internet provider said since I have my own equipment that I can’t do it. Any help is appreciated!

make sure 2 frequencies of my network are divided

one name for 2.4 network (2G)

one name for the 5g

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Yes, you do have option to create your own customized network name for 2.4 and 5G network by logging into your modem GUI or interface. Please do follow the steps mentioned on the below article to change the Wi-Fi credentials then you can connect printers to the 2.4 network that will help you in getting proper internet to your devices.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG6700-AC-v8-6-x-Changing-the-Wireless-Network-Name-SSID

Badge

Thanks. I will try this tomorrow. But I was told you can't split the frequencies with an Arris modem. Do you know if that's true?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

By default, SBG6700-ac is in split mode enabled. Both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks will be used for broadcasting by all of your devices.

Badge

I’m not sure what you mean or if this answered my question” “But I was told you can't split the frequencies with an Arris modem”  Not that technically inclined with this. Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Well, for any gateway product, there are 2 types of Networks which are 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz  (which is already on the split mode only) 

Probably the “Frequencies” are referred to as “Networks” which is the Wi-Fi Network