Question

Can't log in to my ARRIS Surfboard Admin Page on G34

• 16 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

When I try to log into the modem management website, using any viewer I get a message similar to this:

“Supported Browsers Versions
The version of Mozilla Firefox you are using is unsupported. Your Gateway's web interface has been tested to work with the minimum version: 63.0.3.”

This is severely out-of-date, since the current version of Firefox is 125.0.1.  That’s problem #1.

The main problem is that it’s telling me my login credentials are incorrect… but giving me no clue how to fix that.  It doesn’t offer the ability to change my password, doesn’t offer email verification, offers no help at all.  After several attempts using different passwords (I have about 3 “registered” with Arris), it locked me out of my own management page. 

I appreciate security when it’s good, but this is seriously outdated and poorly designed software.  Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can solve this problem.  Calling Arris “support” wound up in their automated system repeatedly hanging up the phone instead of connecting me to a consultant.

This is a brand new modem one-day old.  

6 replies

Badge +1

I finally figured out the cause of the problem.  Evidently the Arris Admin page works only with Microsoft Edge.   Even then, the software is severely out of date, recognized Edge as being Chrome and told me “This software is not compatible with the version of Chrome you are using”.  (I don’t even have Chrome installed.)    It didn’t work consistently with Mozilla Firefox.

I finally got hold of support and they noted the software issues and promised to forward them to management, but I can’t really believe I’m the first and only person to notice these issues.  The Admin page software is in significant need of updating.

Badge +1

After receiving no reply to this problem, I returned the Arris and continued to use my prior Docsis 3.0 modem… which continues to work fine to this day.  I wanted to upgrade, but if I do it will be to Netgear or a reliable company that will support their product… and whose setup web page is current, valid, and works with the prominent browsers on the market.

Is there a fix for this? I am having the same problem. I even tried a factory reset. I held the reset button for 15 (long counts) seconds and nothing was reset. The router held the same information. How do I fix this?

Badge +1

Evidently there is no fix for this, since the company is not properly supporting their product.  I posted the initial report a month ago.   In that time no company personnel has answered this thread.   Their website is out of date.  Their instructions are out of date.  Their online support is non-existent.  My recommendation (if possible) is to return your Arris modem and buy Netgear or TP-Link instead.  Evidently the Arris company sells hardware and then ignores the customer.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello @Wayfinder,

We apologize for your experience with our product and support.  The "Supported Browser Versions" message is a false warning, and you will not experience any issues accessing the admin page.  There is a fix in development that will be pushed when it is available.  Until then, if you don't want to switch to another browser and want to continue to use Chrome or Edge, you will need to close the pop-up each time you log into the Web Manager.

Our products are designed to work with a wide range of web browsers such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari.  

It is required to create an admin password during the first-time access to the admin page.  If you are using the SURFboard Central app is used with the G34, the admin password can be found in the app.  

A factory reset is required if the admin password is lost, it will erase all customize configurations in the G34.  It is recommended to press and hold down the reset button for at least 20 seconds to perform a factory reset. 

We offer free online Chat support for in-warranty products from Monday to Saturday, between the hours of 7am to 7pm Pacific.  For live support, visit arris.com/consumersupport .

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Is there a fix for this? I am having the same problem. I even tried a factory reset. I held the reset button for 15 (long counts) seconds and nothing was reset. The router held the same information. How do I fix this?

Hello @Just a Guy,

If you set up the SURFboard Central app with the G34, the admin password can be found in the app.  We recommended holding down the reset button for at least 20 seconds to perform a factory reset.