Solved

W31 Power Adapter Replacement?

• 20 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi y’all,

In a random turn of events, our power cord to one of our routers stopped working today. I’m looking for a replacement. I’m sure this question has been asked before but I couldn’t find the answer. My setup is specifically model W31. I was going to go grab one off Amazon but I couldn’t find any that said 100-120V for the input - they were all 100-250V. Full disclosure, I don’t know beans about electricity but I *do* know that I really don’t want to screw up my router by sending too much power to it. … if that’s what input even means. Anyway. I’m sure it’s probably fine and I’m just being overly cautious, but I wanted to ask people who likely know more than me about this stuff. I did read where someone said to take the cord to my local electronics store to get a replacement, which I can do tomorrow, but if I can Amazon something and not have to go anywhere, well then. Any guidance on this one is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

P.S. Regrettably I’m speeding toward a year out from being under warranty, so that’s not an option.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 24 June 2023, 15:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello mooseisloose007,

To check on the appropriate power cord for W31 follow the below article : 

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/Input-Voltage-Amperage-and-Connection-Type-for-Broadband-Products

Also, if you could let us know when you had purchased the W31 Mesh Router to check if it is under the replacement warranty for the Power cord .