Question

5Ghz is disappearing every 4hours in G34

• 11 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi, I gotta G34 modem/router, and none of my devices (Laptop, cell Samsung S22, samsung tablet) see the 5GHz network. Resetting the router (power cycling) lets it appear for a few hours, but it then disappears. I don't know what is wrong? Please if somebody can help me.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since this happening on WIFI we would suggest you to try changing WIFI channels will avoid interference and that will give better speed and connection. If other Wi-Fi sources such as neighboring wireless access points are using the same wireless channel, this may cause intermittent connectivity issues, even if the competing signal is relatively weak. Changing the wireless channel within the  gateway can improve connectivity. Please follow the steps mentioned on the below article to change the WIFI channel on the interface. After changing WIFI channel as recommended on the link restart the modem then i would request you to monitor the connection for next 24hrs.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel

Since this happening on WIFI we would suggest you to try changing WIFI channels will avoid interference and that will give better speed and connection. If other Wi-Fi sources such as neighboring wireless access points are using the same wireless channel, this may cause intermittent connectivity issues, even if the competing signal is relatively weak. Changing the wireless channel within the  gateway can improve connectivity. Please follow the steps mentioned on the below article to change the WIFI channel on the interface. After changing WIFI channel as recommended on the link restart the modem then i would request you to monitor the connection for next 24hrs.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel

This is not the answer. This is a problem that has been affecting many people (including me). It was a firmware update that caused this problem. They should roll out new firmware to fix this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

This is not the answer. This is a problem that has been affecting many people (including me). It was a firmware update that caused this problem. They should roll out new firmware to fix this.

Sure, we understand you’re facing the same issue. Could you let us know the updated firmware version? Also, May I know who is you’re ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

Hi,

My ISP is Xfinity and firmware version AR01.05.020.04.01_ 083123_735.NCS.20.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

AR01.05.020.04.01_ 083123_735.NCS.20 is an updated firmware version that Xfinity are sending out and if still intermittent connection persist even after changing channels and other basic trouble shooing's on your modem we would suggest you to check the lines outside your premises and the coax line also monitor connection using test modem to isolate the issue.