Question

connecting extender with G34

• 15 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I recently purchased a surfboard model G34. I am looking into extenders. There’s are so many different things to boost the signal throughout my home. Previously we had a netgear modem/router combo with an extender when we just plugged into an outlet in the area we needed to extend the signal to. I am having a difficult time finding one like that that would be comparable with our new modem/router. I am finding mesh systems and satellite items. Do any of these have to have the Ethernet plugged in to boost the signal? Or does it just get plugged into power and connected to the signal and placed where we need it? If I have to have Ethernet I would have to have my service provider come out and install that, I really don’t know. We only have one coax cable coming into our home where the modem currently is. 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Do you still have your netgear extender? What model is it? It might still work fine

Badge

I do. I don’t have it with me right now. But I looked online it’s either the ax1600 or ax1800. I didn’t do much searching on the surfboard app to see if i could set it up to use with this new modem/router. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Extenders are pretty universal. You should be able to use a netgear extender with it. You can either use the netgears WPS setup, its installation assistant, or using its (the netgear) app. 

Badge

I cannot get the extender to show up on my WiFi options. It still just keeps popping up my old netgear router even after I selected forget this device. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

If it was setup before, it needs to be factory reset. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. Then follow its install instructions.