Solved

G34 and Alexa Echo Studio, and other devices - connection poblems

• 31 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Got the G34 a few days ago, which I bought despite concerns, having read about how frequently it is a returned item to stores. I set it up easily enough and got laptops and cell phones connected without difficulty. I even managed to change the provided network password to something more easily remembered. And then the trouble begins.

I have tried repeatedly to set up the connection between my Echo Studio and my network. No luck despite repeated efforts, including rebooting both the Echo device and the G34 on various occasions. I have some other simple devices, eg smart bulbs, fan/light, and they too, I have been unable to get onto my network. (Laptops and phones remained connected, or were easily reconnected after a reboot, during all of this time>)

I previously used a Netgear C3700 and had no problems connecting any of my devices to enable their remote operation using Alexa on the Echo. I am at my wit's end and am already considering returning the G34.

Please can anyone help, and advise what I might try to do to get over this series of frustrating difficulties.

icon

Best answer by plemans 31 January 2024, 15:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Are you using wpa3? Or a mixed mode wpa2/wpa3?

Some older devices and IoT devices struggle with wpa3. So sometimes you have to set the security back to wpa2

Badge

Thanks, plemans, for your response but your suggestion did not work for me. The G34 used the wpa2/wpa3 security setting. I changed it to wpa2 and tried repeatedly to get my devices online, with no success. (When I check my network settings, it shows wpa/wpa2 - personal under security.

I am still struggling with this issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Is ipV6 enabled? 

are you using any special characters or spaces in the ssid/password? I’ve seen issue with some IoT devices