Question

G34 dropped connection fixed

• 9 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

It's a bad solution, but it worked for me. While the G34 is a great AX wifi6 router (when working) there's a hardware issue cutting the internet (wired and wireless) off. To circumvent this, I installed a sidecar router and only use the G34 in modem mode.. This seems to have solved my issue as far as connectivity but not overall since the G34 isn't doing what it needs to as advertised.. Sucks but it's rock solid now. Hate spending money to fix an issue, but what are you going to do.. Just wanted to let you know.. Very frustrating 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

G34 is a gateway which is the combination of modem and router so you in this case we need to trouble shoot the modem to isolate the issue. Are you facing the issue on the WIFI or on the direct connection as well? We need to trouble shoot accordingly so that we can find the issue on the modem or is this on the ISP line.

Badge +1

Well, what I'm saying is as a modem, the G34 seems to work well. When it acted as a gateway, it worked well until something changed. That's when my household experienced issues with the wifi. Inexplicably, the wired connection faulted as well during these outages. So, I thought the gateway was bad, but I discovered others had the same issue. I created an account on your forums to learn more. I'm ready to replace it since it doesn't work as a gateway. Bridged and to a sidecar router seems to work in my case. I'm thinking the negotiations between the modem and the router inside the G34 aren't playing nice. It's absolutely 100% cross my heart and hope to die NOT an issue with the isp or the signal strength over the coax connection