Solved

G34 loses internet around the same time everyday

• 3 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

My G34 loses connection at around 7:00 everyday, it stays solid blue for a minute then blinks blue then blinks green then goes solid and repeats over and over. Idk what to do at this point no wires are damaged device is brand new and my isp says it’s fine.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 19 January 2024, 16:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If the modem loosing signal and you are facing intermittent connection issue that is because of the signal issue. Basically, intermittent connection or no internet access occurs usually
out of cable signal level, out of acceptable range and it will be resolved after the power level are adjusted by the service provider. So for this we need to check the cable signal level to confirm what causing this issue to proceed further. Please follow the steps mentioned on the below article to check the signal level.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Cable-Signal-Levels

Badge

Had a cox tech come look at it and now the green blinking has stopped and now just the blue light is blinking 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Could you let me know whether the network name is broadcasting on your devices.

Let us know whether you can access the GUI web portal.

Badge

I can reach the site and I’m able to connect to the device but I can’t tell if it’s the device or ISP that’s having an issue 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If you are not about the Arris WIFI network is connected or not, just factory reset the modem and check whether default Wi-Fi name and password which is at the bottom of the modem is broadcasting on your devices.

To perform factory reset, find the link given below:

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Factory-Reset

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

It’s good to know that you can connect to Wi-Fi and access the web manager page

Our concern is that as you are experiencing a drop on the internet at around 7 every day and also the LED lights on the modem are fluctuating from blinking blue to blinking green and then to solid it could be a drop in the cable signal levels.

Is it possible to share the cable signal levels so it will be easy to understand the issue?

Also, does the LED  light's behavior continue at any time of the day other than 7 every day? If so, try checking the LED light's behavior after disconnecting from the co-axial cable.

For more assistance, contact arris.com/consumersupport