Solved

intermittent connection on G34

• 7 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

Every couple day, devices that I have connected via WiFi drop connection and I get an error stating that the network is out of range.  I cannot simply reconnect without turning the wifi on ach device off and then back on.  Once I do that it reconnects with no issue until the next couple days go by.  Not a big problem for my tablets and such as I reconnect with each boot up.  The problem is with my constant connections related to security cameras and Echo Devices that monitor constantly.  once the connection is dropped, I have no connection to them throughout the day until I come home and reboot each.  If it was just one device, i would say it is the device….but it is at least 5 devices and it only started after I upgraded to the G34.

Any Suggestions on this situation or maybe I have a setting wrong in the G34?

Thank you for your help.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 9 November 2023, 02:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case we would suggest you to change the WIFI channel on the modem interface to stay connected without any drop on the connection.  If other Wi-Fi sources such as neighboring wireless access points are using the same wireless channel, this may cause intermittent connectivity issues, even if the competing signal is relatively weak. Changing the wireless channel within the  gateway can improve connectivity. So please follow the steps mentioned on the below article and After changing WIFI channel as recommended on the link restart the modem then we would request you to monitor the connection for next 24hrs.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel

Badge

Thank you for this suggestion.  I will certainly try this option and see what happens over the next 24 hours.