Solved

Iphone Mirroring not working with G34

• 23 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Ive recently switched my modem to the G34 Ive been trying to Mirror my Iphone using Reflector Software which worked on previous Modems ive used but for some reason now switching to this modem The reflector broadcast isnt available. are there some settings i need to change to make this work?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 27 September 2023, 20:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Zlaxon

On any Arris modem or router there is no reflector software available no such specific configuration available on the modem interface and this iPhone mirroring doesn't required any such configuration on the modem you just need to check the TV and your phone compatibility to do mirroring.

Badge

I appreciate your response however maybe my question was alittle confusing. The software is for PC and the way mirroring works is both devices need to share the same network to communicate. since the network is run by the router this is where the modem is involved. Hopefully we can atleast agree on that? The software is broadcasting its signal but for some reason within the "network” (aka router) they aren't finding each other And it only seems to happen when using this modem so i can only assume it could be a configuration issue. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since the devices are not finding each other, I suggest you to change the security mode in Wi-Fi settings and try again.

To change the security mode, follow the steps given below:

>>Launch a browser and logon to 192.168.0.1.

>>Login the webpage with your credentials.

>>Once you logged in, select gateway>summary>connection>Wi-Fi>networks and edit.

>>Select security mode drop down and change it to either WPA2-PSK(AES) OR WPAWPA2-PSK(TKIP-AES).

Also check the firewall settings and make sure its selected as low.