Question

Modem loses connection

• 29 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I purchased a new Arris G34 Modem on 1 November 2022, for some reason it keeps losing connection to the internet when i call my ISP provider they can see the modem but I have no connection to the internet.  So I do the reboot and have to do this several times during the week this is not right a new modem should not be acting this way when I call Tech support to day they tell me to monitor it for 24 hours.  I’ve monitored it for over 2 months of this issue this Modem is Defective why will tech support not address the issue????

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Just joined the community to monitor this topic.  Same issue has been happening to my G34 purchased earlier this month.  Cable company sees the modem and the levels look good, but I have no connectivity on any of the wired/wireless devices connected to this network.  I have “fixed” this twice by doing a factory reset, but that doesn’t seem like a good solution to me.

Similar problem with my G34 purchased a week ago. Had to reset several times already.  Furthermore, my older desktop (Intel I3) running windows 10 cannot detect my wireless network.  It previously worked with the wifi-5 router I replaced.

Badge

ARRIS your reluctance to address this issue shows that it is time to find another Modem provider for the future obviously you don’t care about your customers