Question

NOT SOLVED G34 intermittent connection

• 26 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

i sent in a request for help.  I can’t find how to get a live chat again, the page just says it’s open.  Also, this modem is driving me nuts!  It doesn’t work and I’m past the time for returning it to Amazon.  HELP!!! how do i get a replacement of a different model?  Too many people have this problem for it to be my problem.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since you have mentioned that you are facing intermittent connection issue on the modem to isolate the issue could you please help us with few more details

Internet dropping intermittently on Wi-Fi alone or even with direct connection?

Is this happening on both the band 2.4 and 5G as well?

If the modem is under warranty you can reach out to Arris.com/consumersupport for live chat or phone support.

Badge

Between discussions with Arris and with my ISP, we’ve settled on the lack of upstram power.  The new modems require 45-50 level power, but my ISP only gets about 37.  So now I have to wait for them to finally come out and check the power here at my apartment complex.  Arris suggested that they should be able to  deactivate and then reactivate the modum to a higher output, but the ISP (Sparklight) insisits that can only be done at my location.  So, I’m stuck with waiting another 10 days for them to show up.  Meanwhile, I’m dealing with clients who wonder why my internet connection sometimes drops.  Not real professional.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If the cable signals are not in range, that is the reason for a slow or intermittent internet connection.

Could you let us know the slow speed issue is with wired or wireless connection?

Badge

It's actually the upstream powerlevel that is a problem.  Sparklight insists that anything from 35 to 40 dBmV is fine, but Arris shows 45 dBmV to 61 dBmV.  The rating on my modem is around 37.

It doesn't matter whether it's wired or wireless since the problem is between the modem and the ISP servers.

j

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Since the cable signal levels are not within range, I suggest contacting the ISP to adjust the cable signals or reprovision the modem.