Solved

Router keeps rebooting G34

• 9 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Over the last week several time for no reason G34 restarts. Amber blu and green led fronts flash etc.. All Ethernet in back go dark at start. Sometimes when it reboots I get usable internet for 2-3 minutes then reboots again and nothing. Unplugged it last night. My ISP is Astound in Chicago area.This morning plugged back in booted up and has been good for an hour. ALSO HOW CAN I FRLASH THE FIRMWARE UPDATE???? Don’t tell my m ISP will do this . I own this G34. Any Ideas??

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 10 February 2024, 18:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

The Cable Operators (MSOs) have complete control of what cable modem/gateway hardware they will allow installed and the firmware it uses, this is because they own the coaxial cable that is connected to the ARRIS G34, because of that the Firmware updates are pushed by them, and any update needed as well. Any associated firmware updates are automatically deployed by the cable operator. This is not an ARRIS only implementation, but the required implementation of any cable device manufacturer. 

Even for the device owned by the customers since the device is activated by the service provider and the signals to the modem are from the ISP only they can send the firmware update to the modem.

Basically,  Rebooting, slow speed, intermittent connection or no internet access occurs usually out of cable signal level, out of acceptable range and it will be resolved after the power level are adjusted by the service provider. So for this we need to check the cable signal level to confirm what causing this issue to proceed further.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Cable-Signal-Levels