Secondary Network - how to make it work and why it's worth the trouble

• 24 June 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge

G34 connected to Cox network in Arizona. I have many (30+) devices connected to wi-fi on router. I’m trying to separate data devices (desktop computer with wifi, iPads and iPhones, printer, Amazon firestick, three security cameras) from other support stuff (pellet cooker, LED lights, electricity monitor, solar panel monitor, etc.). I have put some items on Guest network, and I wanted to try adding some to Secondary network. I enabled 2.4 GHz Secondary network, but it does not access the internet consistently, so it’s not very reliable. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to notify the ISP that the secondary network is being used? (I don’t think so, but I’m stumped). Can I not use the primary and guest AND secondary networks at the same time?

I’d like to be able to use the Primary, Secondary and Guest networks to split up the devices, particularly the 2.4GHz devices, because many devices don’t use 5GHz band. So far, I’m not able to use the Secondary network consistently. Looking for any help available.

This topic has been closed for comments