Question

The Arris Surfboard G34 is a terrible Router: I have to reset it at least once per day, more often several times.

• 17 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

My Arris Surfboard G34, which I am using with Xfinity, consistently crashes, or is unable to connect. I am having to reset it at least once per day, if not more. This is the second model I have bought, and both have had the exact same problem. The Surfboard app is almost useless and I have to login to the desktop/browser version to actually get anything done. I have such buyers remorse about this thing. It’s awful, absolutely terrible.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Basically, intermittent connection or no internet access occurs usually out of cable signal level, out of acceptable range and it will be resolved after the power level are adjusted by the service provider. So for this we need to check the cable signal level to confirm what causing this issue to proceed further. please follow the steps mentioned on the below link to check the signal level on the modem interface.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Cable-Signal-Levels

Badge

Incorrect.

I had an ISP technician come out and check the strength out of the wall. It’s just a bad device, as my issues are by no means unusual. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Could you let us know the speed plan which you opted with internet service provider.

And the intermittent internet connection is only with wireless connection or both wired and wireless connection.