Question

Xfinity Internet + G34 Modem + Eero 6 +: Bridge enable issues and SLOW wifi speeds

• 5 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello, 

I have the following setup: 

• Xfinity Internet of 1GB 
  • Surfboard G34 Modem + Router Combo 
  • 4 Eero 6+’s 

I have the following 2 issues: 

1. When I enable bridge mode on my G34, my eeros no longer work and cannot connect to the internet. As soon as I disable the bridge mode everything works fine. I have been on 5+ hours of support with both xfinity and eero and still cannot resolve this problem 
  2. The above problem stemmed when I identified through a speed test that directly from my modem my internet speed is always ~950mbps, however when I run speed tests on my wifi with my eeros connected my speed is around 120-170mbps. This is a HUGE drop. I was trying to trouble shoot and hence backed into the above enabling the bridge mode which I cannot do and there are no other solutions. 
    1. Even when I check the speed from the 2 networks that are pushed through the G34 those speeds are even slower ranging from 100-120mbps. So its not just an eero problem.

Can someone help/lead me in the right direction? 
I have confirmed this is definitely a modem problem with the G34. I have read that the G34 and eeros don’t really talk well, but weird that I still see the same issues with the internal networks they create. 
Is this just a bad modem problem? 
Is there a better modem I should buy? 
Are there any configurations I may have skipped? 

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case usually after enabling bridge mode either one ethernet port on the modem will work fine so we would suggest you to try all the ethernet port on the modem after enabling bridge mode and regarding slow speed issue we need to check the cable signal level on the modem interface to isolate the issue and please do follow the steps mentioned on the below article to check the signal level to proceed further on this case.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Cable-Signal-Levels

Badge +1

Hook the bridged g34 back up into eeros but once eeros fails to connect, reset the g34 only and let it repush the ip to the mesh and see if that works 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hook the bridged g34 back up into eeros but once eeros fails to connect, reset the g34 only and let it repush the ip to the mesh and see if that works 

After enable the bridge mode, the router G34 will work as cable modem,

If you are experiencing with an error while configure with Euro's router, I suggest you to contact Euro’s manufacturer for further assistance.