Skip to main content

Occasionally the wifi signal would become unavailable and a power cycle would always solves the problem, bringing the wifi back. This was expected and was fine.

However, starting yesterday after power cycling the devise would result in the wifi network only being temporarily available and would soon fail. Pressing the reset button on the device did not fix the problem. Each time I power cycle the device the network fails in less time. 

Is my device broken? Do I have to buy a new one?

Did you see the lights on the modem change when internet drops? 

Intermittent connection or no internet access occurs usually out of cable signal level, out of acceptable range and it will be resolved after the power level are adjusted by the service provider.

So for this we need to check the cable signal level to confirm what causing this issue to proceed further.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Cable-Signal-Levels

The lights do not change when the signal drops. The signal lasts for about 10 minutes after being power cycled. 

That is very normal behavior. Could you let us know if the intermittent issue is with a wired or wireless connection?