Solved

Arris G36 Modem/Router Cast to Device Issue

• 11 September 2022
  • 6 replies

I just upgraded my old SBG modem/router to the new G36 dual band modem/router. I had no issues setting up connections. My desktop is connected by cable, and all my other devices are connected by wifi, but win10 on my desktop can no longer see the devices on my wifi network like it did on my old modem such as my T.V. , so I cannot cast videos and such to my T.V. I have reset router, checked all settings, checked file sharing settings in win10, but win10 still does not see devices on wifi network. Anyone have an idea what is wrong?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 15 September 2022, 19:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

did you go into the windows device and set it to be on a private network and not a public? when windows detects a new network, its default settings is to set it for a public connection

Yes, I set it for sharing on private network, but windows does not see any of the devices on the wifi side of the router.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello xXPUNISHERXx,

Reviewing your case I came with the idea of checking the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) setting. You can access this by going to the Web Manager. On the left hand side of the screen you’ll see the menu and then you can select: Advanced > Device Discovery. Make sure that UPnP is enabled. 

Let us know if this worked. 

I checked this already, and it is enabled. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello xXPUNISHERXx,

Not sure if this means issue has been resolved, Could you please provide us with any update, Are you still having same issue or is it fixed already ? 

Still having same issue. Even tried with laptop on wifi connection, still same issue.