Solved

G36 admin portal password not working-G36

• 26 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi all

Just got a G36 modem / router (to replace xfinity gateway). Setup seemed to go smoothly, with both xfinity app (to activate device) and the surfboard central app. I entered an email for the surfboard app, and got an emailed 6-digit code, but never set up a password, and things seemed to work fine, at least for my ethernet connected Mac. Wifi has been more sketchy, and it seems things (e.g. TV, other laptop) get dropped.

At this point, there are some issues with the 2.4 band not getting internet and I would like to see what I can via the admin page. When I try to log in (after all the Firefox warnings about security risk), I cannot get any password to work? Using the email I originally used with the surfboard central app, what password is supposed to work? The printed password (12 digits) doesn’t work. Any emailed (6-digit) codes don’t work. My password for this site doesn’t work. It says “use the password used by the app” … but I never used one!

Any and all clues welcome!

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by ryantkoehler 27 December 2023, 01:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Badge

Update. The password can be found on the surfboard app, top left little bars to expand menu, then select web gui access … And it shows the password

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

You are right. You can locate the Email address and password in SBC app under menu bar.

If doesn't work, then I suggest you to reset the modem to get default settings and you can customize it again.