Solved

G36 Constant Issues No internet and intermittent connection issue

• 23 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Upgraded from a Linksys+modem to G36 about 3 months ago. Had 99.999% uptime with my previous setup.

WiFi refuses device connection

WiFi not present (can’t see network). Sometimes 2.4G or 5G or both

Not internet (Wifi channels present, lan connected to computer)

2.5Gb lan loses connection

2.5Gb intermittent connection with switch (this may be a limitation of the G36 not designed to support this or not compatible with green specs) 

All issues are resolved with hard power reset.

All of my equipment is not an issue (cat6 cable, multiple working switches, booming cable signal levels). Temperature controlled open area. I added an external fan and shroud to increase air flow though the G36 and this seems to reduce errors.

3+ hard resets per week is not acceptable.

Do I have a faulty product or is this normal for the G36?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 25 September 2023, 20:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello vincinator44_2

For no internet and intermittent connection you have tried all possible trouble shooting and also performed hard reset on the modem multiple time and still issue persist so basically intermittent connection or no internet access occurs usually out of cable signal level, out of acceptable range and it will be resolved after the power level are adjusted by the service provider. So for this we need to check the cable signal level to confirm what causing this issue to proceed further. please follow the steps mentioned on the below link to check the cable signal level on the interface.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Cable-Signal-Levels