Question

G36 issue - admin management interface issues, dropped connections, iot devices cannot connect

• 6 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I tried to replace my S33 with a G36, wasted hours of my life to eventually rip out the G36.   Once it’s added to the mix, speeds are great both from wired and wireless.   The challenges are as follows:

• once it’s configured in the network, the management interface is basically useless, can’t connect or take 10-15mins to get to login page.
  • if I get connected, anything I click on takes so long it comes back and says disconnected from gateway so I have to start again, more time wasted
  • finally Once I connected and it held connection for a little bit, tried to setup a static ip for one host, the internet drops across wired/wireless
  • regardless of browser used, they are all unsupported
  • i tried online support and called support, the support level is less than ideal and do not get what the challenge is.  

I have tried support both call in and chat multiple times, could not get resolved.  I have two options, get the device rma’ed, hopefully it’s just a bad device or toss it in the garbage.  Based on issues people are having in the forum, I’m not hopeful to get this to be a core part of my internet setup.  I have only used arris branded modems and this one really is putting a sour taste in using arris in the future.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Badge

Update: Arris is RMA’ing device and will update again once I receive the Rma device.