Solved

G36 Slow download / Sparklight

• 3 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Recently upgraded to the G36. I was getting 900-950 download with the provider hitron unit. Now with the new G36 installation I am seeing 550 at absolute best hardwired directly to the modem.

Firmware Version:01.04.028.01.01.NCS

I called Sparklight technical and they said this currently the latest firmware that they can upload.

I have attached some info. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by plemans 4 February 2024, 14:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

you’ve got quite a few errors in the line. I’d go through and check all your connections to make sure they’re tight, not kinked, no corrosion/water is on/in them. If you can direct connect the modem to the coax right were it comes into the home. This prevents the wiring in the walls being the issues. 

Badge

Thanks for the reply! The modem is directly connected to the incoming coax. The Internet service was installed last year and there is only one other house on our street that has internet as well. Last year spark light ran new lines for our two houses. The coax comes in the house and I have a 2-ft connection to the modem. There is a junction box where the main line connects to the line that runs to the house I'll check that connection. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

yeah, anytime you change devices and have a decrease in speed, its worth checking the connections. Even inside the barrels of the coax as I’ve seen the foil arcing and causing errors. 

Badge

All of the connections look good and they are all tight.

The cable guy was out last week changing the modem and he said that the line checked good??

I wonder why after he installed the modem that I was getting 900 download.. and immediately after the installation of the new G36 it tanked. 

Thoughts?

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

You can always try having them reprovision it. I’ve seen the wrong file sent before. If it doesn’t help and you still have all the errors, they might need to recheck the line