Question

Intermittent internet connection on G36

• 13 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

What is the fix for these connectivity issues?  I had intermittent issues until the last couple weeks.  Today I cannot get it to work at all.  I know it is this g36 because I bridge connected my old tp-link modem router to the g36 and I can access internet thru the old modem through the g36 but not the g36.  We live in an area with little to no cell phone signal and rely heavily on our wifi and internet connection for wifi calling.  I also work at home and the internet connection is vital to my work.  This is extremely frustrating as this modem was not cheap and should work.  I have spent time trying to figure out what to do with this that has taken away time from my job.  I do not recall getting an email from arris or xfinity about any issues so I'm just finding out about this connectivity issue.  Extremely disappointed in this product.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If you are facing intermittent connection issue only on WIFI connected devices then we would suggest you to try changing WIFI channel on the modem interface.  If other Wi-Fi sources such as neighboring wireless access points are using the same wireless channel, this may cause intermittent connectivity issues, even if the competing signal is relatively weak. 
Changing the wireless channel within the  gateway can improve connectivity. After changing WIFI channel as recommended on the link restart the modem then we would request you to monitor the connection for next 24hrs. 

If this also happening on the device connected to modem directly for that we need to check the cable signal on the modem interface. Please follow the steps mentioned on the below article.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel