Solved

What is the max upload speed for G36?

• 23 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have Xfinity 1000Gb down and 100Mb Mps up speed package. I get up to 900Mbs+ for download, but never more than 24Mbs upload. Both on an ethernet-wired desktop and a WiFi connected  laptop.

Xfinity has reprovisioned and tested my connection.  They suggested I upgrade the firmware. Unit is running AR01.04.028.01.01_040121_724.NCS.20.X2

I think Xfinity needs to perform the upgrade, and they said they did. But on rebooting the G36 it didn’t change.  Now they are suggesting get the Xfinity router.

Any advice? 

Fred

icon

Best answer by plemans 24 January 2024, 16:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

the G36 isn’t on their “next gen” internet specs for increased upload. Not saying it won’t be added in the future but it isn’t approved yet. Meaning if you pay for the 1gig download speeds, your upload is only approved for 20mbps. So you’re currently hitting your speed targets. 

Options? 

1. upgrade to a device that supports next gen speeds (as xfinity mentioned)
  2. Wait. Xfinity is adding devices to the next gen speed tier but it takes time to test/certify new devices as its new firmware

If it was me and I didn’t need the increased upload right away, I’d wait. The G36 is a solid device and hopefully should get the increase. But xfinity doesn’t release details of what devices are getting added until they do. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/wiki/knowledgebase/next-generation-internet/