Solved

MAC Address Whitelist on SBG-7580-AC

• 16 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

SBG-7580-AC

Can I find out the date a wifi mac address was added to the whitelist?   Can I tell when the last time that mac address connected to the router?

Also, is there a better way to identify which device is using a mac address other than just the manufacturer that address came from?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 18 February 2024, 01:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

On SBG-7580-AC there is no option is to  find out the date a WIFI mac address was added to the whitelist.

To check when the last time that mac address connected to the router, is not possible and there is no such option available on the modem interface you can see the the device when it was connected to modem network and the time of last connection can be viewed only on surfboard central app.

All the device will use only the MAC address provided by the manufacturer.

Badge

Thank you very much for the reply, I was afraid that would be the case.  I am pretty sure the whitelist goes from oldest to newest, top to bottom as the new mac addy joins the list at the bottom.

I guess you could say this thread is solved, as far as it’s going to get.  Thanks.

Badge

I found a VERY resourceful site where I was able to look up the vendor for each MAC address in both my 2.4GHz and 5GHz whitelists.  Type in every MAC address in the 2.4GHz list and click the lookup button, do the same for the 5GHz list.  You can also upload a file of MAC addresses and it will batch process them.

MAC Address Lookup