Question

SBG6580 password error to login the modem GUI

• 6 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Recently factory reset my modem, using the default log in works fine. It then asks me to change the password no matter what I do it takes me to an oops invalid password screen. Already did a power cycle and clear, reboot, even tried a new browser nothing works just same oops screen every time I attempt to change the password and it won’t let me continue unless I change the password from the default.  

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello mike210294

After reset you are unable to login on web manager page?

Try Reset without co-axial and login to the web manager page(192.168.0.1) and then try changing the password .

Badge

I’m able to log into the web manager page at (192.168.0.1) but after logging in as stated is won’t let me continue until I change the default password I used for login and nothing to do lets me get past and prompt no matter what password I put in even though it is exactly what is required for the password to be it always just takes me to a page saying oops invalid password try again. additionally if I put in a password that doesn’t meet the criteria it tells me it doesn’t and what the password needs to contain.

Badge

Hello mike210294

After reset you are unable to login on web manager page?

Try Reset without co-axial and login to the web manager page(192.168.0.1) and then try changing the password .

I’m able to log into the web manager page at (192.168.0.1) but after logging in as stated is won’t let me continue until I change the default password I used for login and nothing to do lets me get past and prompt no matter what password I put in even though it is exactly what is required for the password to be it always just takes me to a page saying oops invalid password try again. additionally if I put in a password that doesn’t meet the criteria it tells me it doesn’t and what the password needs to contain.