Solved

SBG6900-ac original factory settings

• 6 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Is someone able to provide the original settings from my SBG6900-AC gateway. I am trying to add a google nest thermostat through the app on my phone and it will not connect to my network but I connected to another phone as a hotspot and it connected and installed properly. I think I may have an issue with one of the settings even though I have several tablets, phones, TV and printer connected. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by plemans 7 October 2022, 17:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

3 things. 

1. during setup, did you have your phone on 2.4ghz for setup? or on the 5ghz? Some iot devices have issues if you’re on 5ghz when the device you’re setting up only supports 2.4ghz
  2. if you’re on ios, make sure icloud relay and private mac/ip address are disabled. 
  3. avoid special characters/spaces in the ssid/password. Some IoT devices have issues with them. 

maybe I wasn't clear- it worked on my iphone 8 at 2.4ghz, no special characters in ssid or password. the issue is it doesn't link up on my wifi using the router. I wondered if there is a setting that could allow it to work on phone but not the router.

thanks for your help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

You had your iphone 8 running the hotspot on 2.4ghz?

But when you it up when connected to the router, was the iphone 8 on the 2.4ghz or the 5ghz?

iPhone only has 2.4ghz

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

when you say things like “iphone only has 2.4ghz” it makes me wonder what else you’re missing. 

iPhone 8 - Technical Specifications - Apple

If your device is still within warranty, you can contact support for help. It might be faster and clear up a few things.