Solved

Arris S33 won't connect to Linksys EA8500 router.

• 19 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I purchased the “Arris Surfboard S33” router today to replace my old Lynksys router.  I have upgraded my internet speed to 1GB.  I got the S33 activated by Xfinity and followed the procedure for registering the product as the instructions listed.  After verifying that the modem was converting the cable signal to an internet signal, I attempted to connect my EA8500 router...1st on the 2.5G port then the 1G port.  In either situation the light on the EA8500 continues to flash and no “new” network is seen.  Any helpful suggestions are appreciated as to how to troubleshoot this problem.  

Thank you

icon

Best answer by KENN8859 30 January 2024, 22:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

S33 is just a cable modem so the router will be giving you the network name which you have already customized or the default network so please check the router network after restarting router.

Badge

Thank you for the response.  However, I determined that the EA8500 was shot (aka broken).  On the bright side I did purchase an Archer AX4400.  It works EXTREMELY well with the S33. Great connection/speed and the “smart” WIFI allocates devices based on the “need” of the device (whether on the 2.4ghz or 5ghz band).

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Glad you got it working! sorry it was a router issue. 

If your EA8500 was on older firmware, it can still take 3rd party firmware such as ddwrt. Its fun to play with. Sadly, if its on newer firmware, its locked to stock firmware. Might be worth checking on for some fun play