Question

How to open ports so T-Mobile Cell Spot can communicate

• 26 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

My T-Mobile Cell Spot (a mini home tower so I get strong signal throughout my home) worked for 2 years without problems. We had to change the primary person name on account and they made us return cell spot and get a new one because according to the FTC it has to be registered in that exact person’s name. Waited to install new cell spot until Arris S33 and EERO mesh pro were installed so it was all new. Everything was working for 7 days and then cell spot went out. Made several attempt to reboot and talk to T-mobile tier 2 tech support. They say that I need to open the following 3 ports so T-mobile cell spot can connect to the internet:

UDP 500

UDP 4500

UDP 123

Everything else works great but my cell spot and I fluctuate from 1-2 signal bars. I need it to be back at full 4 throughout my home. It isn’t spectrum nor EERO and T-mobile is saying it is the modem. Unfortunately, I can’t find anywhere that has the ability to change any port settings 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

you’ll do that in on the Eero and not the S33. the S33 is a modem only device. There isn’t anything to change in the settings on it. 

Badge

I will try to that.Thank you