Solved

S 33 won't regrister with Xfinity

• 17 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Tried to activate an Arris S 33 with Xfinity, Xfinity said that my old 6190 modem is too slow for my internet speed, and I needed to upgrade.  My modem won’t activate, I have tried many times using the app, the light flashes green, and after 11 minutes the app says it couldn’t find the modem.  I hooked up a computer to the modem and on the status page is says security failed, and Docsis network access enabled, Status Denied.  Today, Xfinity came out to check my lines, I had a weak signal, they replaced lines and connectors and when the tech was done, I had a great connection.  He tried many times to activate the modem and couldn’t.  He finally called his tech people.  The tech lady tried to activate the modem on her side and said that it showed active, but wasn’t connected.  She said that she couldn’t see an IP address for this modem, and because of that, couldn’t activate the modem.  She told me to contact Arris and see if anyone has had this problem and how to fix this problem.  This modem is under warranty.  Hopefully someone can help me fix this problem and get my new modem to work like it should.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 5 February 2024, 21:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Maybe you got a defective one. 

You have 2 options. 

1. exchange it where you purchased it. Sometimes the fastest as some places like amazon are super fast with returns/exchanges. 
  2. go through arris for an RMA-replacement. Might take longer. 

If it was me and this was a recent purchase, I’d exchange it where you bought it from as it tends to be a lot faster. 

Badge

Not sure why Xfinity had issues. I called the tech at Xfinity to turn off my old Xfinity modem and register my S33 modem and it took about 15-20 mins and was successful.

I was then able to return my old Xfinity modem and turn off the monthly cost.

But I have lost the ability for my Samsung phones to accept and receive SMS text messages with pictures while WiFi is turned on.

If I turn off the WiFi on the phone, it works great but I use my data.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

@ddwebb Please stick to your forum post that are specific to your issue. Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hi dabeek,

We understand that you are unable to activate the modem, sorry for the inconvenience, please contact for a warranty claim arris.com/conusmersupport.

Badge

Thank you for getting back with me, I did exactly what you suggested, and another one is on the way.