Question

S33V3 LOW INTERNET SPEED

• 15 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I recently upgrade my xifnity plan to 2Gig with the Xfi router, it was 1900mbps for downloading and 45mbps for uploading. I replaced the Xfi Gateway with the newest S33V2 surfboard and the speed drops to only 700mbps with direct internet connection and 5mbps for uploading. I have a tech from xfinity do the test, the Xfi Gateway can run full of 2000mbps but the S33V2 cannot. The tech suggested me to contact the Arris customer suport for a solution. He thought there might be a issue with the Arris cable modem since the speed is only 700mbps.

Best

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Maybe the signal from the service provider might be compatible with Xfinity’s modem but not with the Arris modem’s 

If possible could you please help us with the signal levels by connect the modem to the power and the coaxial cable then follow the steps mentioned in the below link to check the cable signal levels.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/S33-Cable-Signal-Levels

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hope you were able to check the cable signal levels ?

Could you please share the screen shot of the cable signal levels so, we can check the downstream and upstream channels power and snr values if they are on acceptable values?