Question

W21 online but not showing in app. Cant add satellite

• 23 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Modem - S33

Router - W21 Dual Pack

Problem - I have no issues adding my S33 modem to SB Central but after that, I add my first W21 router and after completing successfully the app asks me if I want to add a satellite “now or later”. Whichever I choose it then shows a loading wheel in front of the app and I cannot do anything else. If I wait it out, app crashes. If I force close and come back, it starts all over again. Only showing my S33 as the only device on my network. However, the first W21 is online, blue solid LED and transmitting wifi. I’ve opened a case with Arris but doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. I’m ready to return everything and have Xfinity send me another rental. 

NOTE. I’ve tried 3 different iPhones and 2 different iOS versions. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello MarkMastracchio

In this case we would suggest you to try performing hard reset on the satellite for 15secs then try setting up and also make sure your that your iPhone is in updated version (16) before setting up the app. while setting up the Satellite if you get any error code please let us know so we can work accordingly also check the steps mentioned on below article while adding satellite on the surfboard app.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/mAX-W21-Add-Additional-mAX-Satellite

Let us know if this helps.

Badge

So there’s no errors. It finished like it was setup then shows a loading icon then crashes. When I go back in my WiFi is working. Network on but only shows u have Ny modem. No routers. After hard resetting the router and trying again. Same thing happens.