Solved

What is the S34

• 20 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I was considering the S33 for my GB Xfinity connection.

While checking out the S33 on the Arris website I noticed the S34. It looks like it might be based on the S33 but firmware optimized for faster uploads. The description page states “ Next Generation Upload Speed Optimized” where the description page for the S33 does not.

If I click “Buy Online Now” on the S34 page I get redirected to a page suggesting I add an S33 to my cart.

Is the S34 an available product? If not, when will it be available?

Thx in advance.

icon

Best answer by plemans 21 February 2024, 15:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Looks like it must be something new as I don’t see much for it either. 

If it was me, I’d take a look at xfinity’s “next generation internet” approved devices list. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/wiki/knowledgebase/next-generation-internet/

The S34 might be getting added but I don’t see it on approved yet. The Netgear CM3000 has been on there for quite a while as “when released” so I’d be suspicious of picking this up

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

@SURFboard Moderator @SURFboard_Big_Kahuna Any idea if this is a new/unreleased product? 

Badge

Thanks Plemans.

From the description I suspect it’s intended to qualify for the Xfinity next ge list.

I picked up a Hitron CODA56.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Seems like a lot of people are jumping on the coda56 bandwagon because there isn’t any other modem only devices that are multigig approved yet. Still waiting on the Netgear CM3000 to be released. Maybe the S34 will be a contender for the improved speeds but I haven’ heard anything about it. 

The coda56 has been going in/out of stock fairly regularly because of this. 

Badge

Thanks for pointing me to that list @plemans. I knew it existed but didn’t know where to find it.

I have issues with Netgear pricing, quality and customer service. That drove a good part of this refresh. I’m happy the CODA56 was qualified before the CM3000. I don’t know anything about the brand but reviews are generally at least ok.

Hopefully the CODA56 fills the bill and I won’t need anything else until I need to support a new standard.