Solved

can Surfboard SB6190 connect wirelessly to internet? acting almost as a router on its own?

• 2 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I need not only help for that question, which I suspect the answer is no. Here’s what’s happening:

I formerly lived alone and used my modem and Linksys router without issue. 
I am now living with family who was very powerful Wi-Fi all throughout their large home. For a month- I’ve been able to connect without issue until today. My smart TV, MacBook and iPhone will not connect. Cannot find network or internet, my initial thought was to hook up reputed next to TV so has to get signal, right? But it’s old and cannot get internet from Wi-Fi (to then route out..). It has to be hardwired to internet source- which is wayyyy on other end of house. Help!!

icon

Best answer by LoveMyLab 2 October 2023, 15:35

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

I’d start by trying to determine what changed. I wouldn’t expect 3 different devices to stop at once.

1. Is the same SSID still being broadcast?
  2. Has the network password changed?
  3. Any chance you were on a “family” connection and the settings (access) changed?

The person that is admin on the network should be able to verify the signal is still good in your location with an appropriate phone based WiFi measurement tool (in case an extender went down), as well as confirm the router behavior.