Solved

Modem (SB6190) configuration

• 15 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have recently purchased a modem from Arris for my home WiFi. After activation of the modem, all my home WiFi’s networks aren’t showing up on all of our devices ( phones, iPads…) and my security cameras stopped working because of No WiFi. I called Xfinity (Comcast) to check on my home network’s’ disappearance. Xfinity said that the modem is ONLINE but there is something wrong inside the modem that needs to be configured out by the manufacturer (Arris). Xfinity asked me to call Arris directly for this configuration so Xfinity can get my home WiFi’s networks back. Any help or suggestions please?. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by LoveMyLab 18 October 2023, 16:14

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

The SB6190 is a modem only, there is no router/wifi. What are you using for a router and wifi?

Badge

I have already had a router (not from ARRIS ).I purchased this modem SB6190 just to replace my outdated modem I had before.!

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

Thanks! In that case I would turn off both the router and the modem, reboot the modem and ensure it is up completely. After that is doen, then reboot the router. When that is done, with a laptop connected via ethernet to the router, confirm that you have internet service. If not, confirm that you can route to the console function on the SB6190. If those features are confirmed, there should not be anything additional that you need to do on the SB6190.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

What router do you have? 

did you check with them? 

Badge

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have performed that turned off/unplugged then turned on/plugged back in so many times but my home WiFi’s networks aren’t still not showing up on any of my devices!

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

If the network is not showing up, that’s an issue with the router. The router will broadcast SSID (unless you turned it off) whether there is an internet connection or not. Most routers will support local networking without internet. 

You’ll need to access the router admin console and see what is going on. What model router do you have?