Solved

sb6190 connected but no internet

• 2 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

My sb6190 was working fine until midday.  Long story short, internet provider said my modem was functional and online.  Problem is, when connected to the wifi router there's no internet.  When connected directly to my laptop (ethernet cable) still no internet.   All the lights are solid and either green or blue.   Anyone have an idea? 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 5 June 2023, 21:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello JLockwood,

To check the internet available on sb6190 we need to check the IPV4 address; Follow the below mentioned steps :

Do a Reset on the modem:http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB6190-Factory-Reset

connect modem directly to a computer and check IPV4 address : to check that :

If its a  windows computer : Press “windows key “ and letter “R” together it will direct to a RUN command then

on the Open bar type in “cmd” ,It will lead to a blank screen type in next to the cursor “ipconfig” and check IPV4 address

If it is Mac computer click on “Apple Icon”  select “System Preferences” and click on “Network” and check IPV4 address.

Do share the screen shot of the IPV4 address if you are unable to connect to internet .

***POSSIBLE SOLUTION****

For anyone whose curious, there is a small sentence at the bottom of the quick start guide. It directs you to connect an ether net cable from the modem to your laptop/tablet/smartphone. Once connected you'll go to the web address on the quick start guide ex: 192.168.100.1 Once you go there you'll be prompted to login. The username and password is listed on the quickstart guide but is likely "admin" and "password" for the username and password. Once you change to your new password, you should be able to disconnect the ether net from your device and reconnect it to your wifi router. Hope this helps save others some time! 

Badge

Hello JLockwood,

To check the internet available on sb6190 we need to check the IPV4 address; Follow the below mentioned steps :

Do a Reset on the modem:http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB6190-Factory-Reset

connect modem directly to a computer and check IPV4 address : to check that :

If its a  windows computer : Press “windows key “ and letter “R” together it will direct to a RUN command then

on the Open bar type in “cmd” ,It will lead to a blank screen type in next to the cursor “ipconfig” and check IPV4 address

If it is Mac computer click on “Apple Icon”  select “System Preferences” and click on “Network” and check IPV4 address.

Do share the screen shot of the IPV4 address if you are unable to connect to internet .

What are we supposed to be seeing when we check the IPV4 address? 

Badge

I ended up returning the modem and bought a different brand. Problem solved.